Generally a lot lighter than a top running system, underhung crane runways allow for more versatility and usability. Because they’re dramatically lighter, underhung runways can be ceiling-mounted. They also have the ability to run side-by-side without interfering with one another. Another mechanical advantage of underhung crane systems is their ability for multiple systems to be interlocked, enabling operators to transfer loads between them. They can also interlock with monorails, allow for material transfer along a fixed path. CraneWerks underhung ceiling-mounted runways feature overhead crane runways that attach directly to the ceiling or roof structure of a building. Ceiling-mounted, underhung systems are extremely versatile and can be used to easily transfer loads from one bay to another with the use of transfer switches. Underhung ceiling-mounted crane runways allow for utilization of entire floor space under the crane runway as well.
Capacities: up to 15 tons
Bridge Span Lengths, overall: up to 55' (standard)
Runway Spans: unlimited
Height — Floor-to-Trolley Clevis: customizable
- Maximized use of valuable floor space
- Unobstructed material flow because crane runway is free of columns
- Multiple overhead cranes can be on the same runway to maximize use and flexibility of production spaces
- Uninterrupted load transfer from one building bay to the next
- Transfer switches allow the hoist and trolley to move from crane to crane or from a crane to a monorail spur
- Capacities normally vary between ½ and 15 Ton
- Up to 55 ft spans standard
- Unlimited runway lengths available
- Ships complete with runway electrification, assembly manual and hardware
- System drawings are supplied in CAD format
- Manufactured to AISIC specifications
- All runways are reviewed by a professional engineer
- Motorized and manual cranes are available
CraneWerks underhung ceiling-mounted runways feature overhead crane runways that attach directly to the ceiling or roof structure of a building. Ceiling-mounted workstation bridge cranes are directly bolted to the ceiling frame, trusses or hung from CraneWerks suspension rods or tube brackets. Custom support brackets are available for sloped and pitched ceilings. The traveling bridge of the underhung bridge crane is suspended under the runway track system.
Ceiling-mounted underhung systems are extremely versatile and can be used to easily transfer loads from one bay to another with the use of transfer switches. Transfer switches also allow you to move loads via monorails to other work cells. In areas where hoisting is critical, transfer switches allow the hoist to be parked on hospital spurs for routine maintenance and a spare hoist waiting in the wing for emergency situations.
Be the first to review this product.
- Call for Lead Time
- Standard Capacities:
- Up to 15 tons
- Up to 60 ft. (Bridge Length)
- Power Option:
- Top Running