Top Running Crane Runway systems are the workhorses of the overhead crane world. They consistently, reliably handle heavy loads, day-in-and-day-out. The Top Running Runway design affords maximum hook height. Because of their brawny nature – and the heavy loads they carry (10 tons+) – Top Running Crane Runway systems are either Freestanding, Semi Freestanding or Header-Braced. The workstation runway features an easy installation process due to no bracing being needed as well as only having four support columns. It’s modular design allows for an easier relocation process as well as the ability to extend the runway. Pre-engineering allows the costs to remain lower than similar options.
Capacities: up to 5 tons
Bridge Span Lengths, overall: up to 39' standard
Runway Spans: up to 50'
Height — Floor-to-Trolley Clevis: customizable
The preferred system for moving light to moderate loads within a work area
Economically converts existing warehouse and manufacturing space into valuable production areas
Perfect for metal, precast, wood, and rented or leased buildings
- Available in 1 thru 5 ton capacities.
- Runway lengths of up to 50 feet.
- not usually expandable
- Spans of up to 39 feet.
- Additional capacities, runway lengths, spans available upon request
- Easy installation, bolt-together construction
- only four columns
- no bracing
- few man hours required to assemble
- no certified welder required
- Support columns bolt directly to a 6 inch reinforced concrete slab.
- Modular design for easy relocation.
- Pre-engineered for quick delivery.
- Typically ships in 3 to 4 weeks complete with:
- runway electrification,
- assembly manual,
- hardware, and
- anchor bolts.
- Stainless steel food grade and other stainless non-corrosive systems available.
- Complete CAD drawings supplied with each system.
- Runway systems designed to AISC specifications.
- All workstation cranes are pre-engineered and approved by a licensed professional engineer
The structure of stand alone workstation bridge cranes is header-braced across the ends. The header and runway beams are connected to the top of the column with a rigid moment connection. Therefore, header-bracing removes the requirement for knee and other braces, which keeps the workstation free of obstruction allowing for maximum use of the work area. Header-bracing also eliminates the need to brace the crane structure to the building structure, which allows for locating the workstation in the most desirable area.
The bridge on a CraneWerks workstation crane rides on the very top of the structure, which provides maximum hook height. The additional hoist hook height gained by the unique momentary connection and top running design ranges in many cases from 10 to 24 inches.
- Machining centers
- Mold change outs
- Die repair
- Plasma and burn tables
- Stocking laser tables
- Battery change outs
- Test cells
- Grinding booths
- Cleaning booths
Be the first to review this product.
- Call for Lead Time
- Standard Capacities:
- Up to 5 tons
- Up to 40 ft. (Bridge Length)
- Power Option:
- Top Running