Top Running Crane Runway systems are the workhorses of the overhead crane world. They consistently, reliably handle heavy loads, day-in-and-day-out. The Top Running Runway design affords maximum hook height. Because of their brawny nature – and the heavy loads they carry (10 tons+) – Top Running Crane Runway systems are either Freestanding, Semi Freestanding or Header-Braced. The Freestanding runway stands on its own – its design resists lateral and longitudinal forces unaided. Braces to other support structures simply aren’t necessary. This independence brings versatility: the system’s just as comfortable outdoors as indoors. The bridge crane runs on rails mounted to the top of the runway beams, maximizing the available hook height. Top Running Freestanding bridge crane runways are also able to handle higher capacities than underhung models.
Capacities: up to 25 tons (standard)
Bridge Span Lengths, overall: up to 100'+
Runway Spans: unlimited
Height — Floor-to-Trolley Clevis: customizable
- Capacities typically range from 1 to 25 ton and higher.
- Spans available up to 100 ft and longer.
- Unlimited runway lengths.
- Supports mount directly to a 6 inch concrete slab or reinforced concrete footers.
- Hand gear, push type, electric and pneumatic cranes available.
- Many configurations pre-engineered for quick delivery.
- Ships complete with:
- runway electrification
- assembly manual
- anchor bolts are provided when foundations are not required.
- Complete Auto CAD drawings included.
- Runway designs follow AISC specifications.
- All systems are approved by a licensed PE.
- Food grade and other non corrosive equipment is available
Freestanding industrial crane systems are great where maximum hook height is desired. Because the system doesn’t have a brace at least 6″ of concrete in required to mount this system to the floor. Because freestanding crane structures do not require support headers across the top of the system, they allow the overhead bridge crane to ride on the very top of the structure giving maximum hook height. In many cases the additional hook height provided by this design can be an incredible 10 to 24 inches.
Multiple Cranes Sharing the Same Runway
Maximize production space by adding a second or third overhead bridge crane onto a runway. This will allow you to increase productivity as well as manipulate loads that may require more than one pick point. Adding a second bridge crane can, at times, increase the capacity of the overall system by splitting the weight of a heavy load between the two cranes. When using multiple industrial cranes on one runway optional load summing devices can be utilized. These devices can estimate the weight of the load on each crane to prevent overloading the runway.
- Precast mold changes
- Plasma cutting center
- Laser tables
- Tool and die maintenance
- Plastic injection mold handling
- General material handling
- Concrete product manufacturing
- Steel yards
- Foundry magnet crane applications
- Leased warehouse or parking lot space conversion
- Bolt together construction allows for easy installation, relocation, and expansion
Be the first to review this product.
- Call for Lead Time
- Standard Capacities:
- Up to 25 tons
- Up to 100 ft. (Bridge Length)
- Power Option:
- Top Running