Top Running Crane Runway systems are the workhorses of the overhead crane world. They consistently, reliably handle heavy loads, day-in-and-day-out. The Top Running Runway design affords maximum hook height. Because of their brawny nature – and the heavy loads they carry (10 tons+) – Top Running Crane Runway systems are either Freestanding, Semi Freestanding or Header-Braced. The runway is supported by the freestanding support columns, each pair tied together by a header. Header-braced systems are ideal when the lowest obstruction in the building is high enough that it does not limit the hook height. This runway type is easily expandable, and can handle multiple bridge crane systems.
Capacities: up to 25 tons
Bridge Span Lengths, overall: up to 60' (standard)
Runway Spans: unlimited
Height — Floor-to-Trolley Clevis: customizable
- Standard capacities from 1 to 25 ton and heavier
- Spans available up to 60 ft and wider
- Infinite runway lengths available
- Columns bolt directly to a 6 inch concrete slab or reinforced concrete foundations
- Electrical motor driven, hand geared, push type, and air powered overhead cranes available
- Quick deliveries available due to the pre-engineered designs
- Ships complete with:
- assembly manual
- runway electrification
- anchor bolts (if required)
- Detailed approval drawings submitted in Auto CAD
- AISC specifications used throughout the design process
- Stainless steel systems for use in food industry or other corrosive applications
- Bolt together construction allows for easy installation, relocation, and expansion
- Professional engineers approve all system drawings
CraneWerks top running header-braced overhead crane systems are self-supporting and work well where minimum floor obstructions are essential and the lowest obstruction in the building is high enough for the system to be installed while still giving adequate headroom (hook height).
A main component of a top running header-braced crane runway system is a top running bridge crane designed with the bridge on the top of the runway. No knee braces are required, increasing valuable production space. The runway is supported by the freestanding support columns each pair tied together by a header. Stand alone workstation bridge cranes do not rely on building or support column integrity. Header-braced systems are ideal when the lowest obstruction in the building is high enough that it does not limit the hook height.
Be the first to review this product.
- Call for Lead Time
- Standard Capacities:
- Up to 25 tons
- Up to 60 ft. (Bridge Length)
- Power Option:
- Top Running